Tween / Teen Yoga Teacher Training
Katy Huth 200 E-RYT, is offering an 15 hour Tween/ Teen yoga teacher training. This certification is designed to inspire and empower teachers to work with adolescents. Katy has worked with tweens and teens since she opened the studio and has seen a profound impact the practice of yoga has been on her students. Below is an outline of content that will be reviewed during the program.
Tween and Teen 15 hour Teacher Training May 18th and 19th
- Define the stages of adolescence, brain development of each age group and their socioemotional development.
- Describe the physical, cognitive, social, and emotional benefits of yoga for each age group.
- Develop effective communication techniques for each age group
- Understand the role of the teacher and the purpose of creating structure and boundaries to maintain control of the class
- Discuss the importance of building mutual respect for each age group and how to develop this relationship with each age group
- Create effective class sequences based off tween and teen classes, incorporating all styles of yoga.
- Discuss ethical concerns and how to deal with challenging personalities related to each age group
- Overview of yoga philosophy for tweens and teens
- Identify different to business strategies and marketing to launch a tween and teen class
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of a business owner related to tween and teens
Cost $375, a deposit of $100 is required to reserve your spot and will be applied to your training. Receive an early bird discount of $25 off if you register by 4/1/2019. This training will qualify for continuing education credit though Yoga Alliance for 200 hour Yoga Instructors.
Schedule: 5/18 11:30- 8pm 5/19 11:30- 6pm